Earlier in the week, Benson Henderson (17-2) opened up about problems cutting weight as it has become a growing issue for him as he's gotten older. This led many to wonder if he was looking to make the 15 pound jump up from a lightweight to welterweight.
Henderson spent the very early part of his career as a welterweight before finding a spot as a lightweight where he found the most success with several companies.
The current lightweight champion recently took to Twitter and responded to the proposed question with certainty.
Of his last 16 fights, Henderson has lost once. During that time he competed for WEC followed by the UFC. He is a former WEC lightweight champion. In 2012 he won the UFC's lightweight championship and defended it against the former title holder this past summer.
At UFC on FOX 5, Henderson takes on Nate Diaz (16-7) in the main event for the championship. The show takes place December 8.
- Josh Koscheck Reports Possible Nick Diaz Fight
- Gilbert Melendez Could Go To UFC "Anytime" Says Cesar Gracie
- UFC On Fox 5 Loaded With 13 Bouts
- Change Made To UFC 154 Fight Card Lineup
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Promises Every Card Will Be Packed With Action
- Strikeforce’s Evangelista Santos Jumps Ship To Legacy FC
- Tim Gorman Goes From Bar Fighter To Championship Contender
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.