Being the current UFC Lightweight Champion isn't enough for Benson Henderson (16-2), who wants to be remembered as the greatest MMA fighter ever.
"I don't think I'm fulfilled for just winning my last fight," said Henderson. "It's another step in the right direction, but eventually where I want to be is the best ever; the greatest of all-time."
Henderson looks to be the first fighter to defeat Frankie Edgar (14-2-1) via TKO or submission.
"I want to end all my fights," said Henderson. "If I'm the first one for Frankie Edgar, then I'll definitely take that."
The immediate rematch against the former champion doesn't matter to Henderson, who is ready for all the challengers the UFC throws his way.
"To me, it's just about going out there and winning the fight," said Henderson. "I want to beat the guy up and just win the round period. Whoever Dana White says 'beat this guy up next,' I will beat them up."
The Henderson vs. Edgar rematch takes place August 11 at UFC 150.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline