Benson Henderson re-issued a stern warning to the rest of the UFC's lightweight roster Thursday night. As far as Henderson, the UFC 155-pound champion is concerned, it doesn't matter who you are when you step in front of him.
"There's a long list of contenders in the weight division and I have a bull's eye on my back," Henderson said, while an analyst on Fuel TV. "Bring it guys. I want everyone on the roster at 155. I'm going to beat you. Sorry if you're a friend."
Henderson, who has earned two successful title defenses this year since capturing the belt, reiterated his goal of surpassing Anderson Silva's UFC record for title defenses saying, "I'm coming for your record."
Following his five-round decision victory over Nate Diaz recently, Henderson said he isn't injured at all. As for potential contenders, many feel the winner of Donald Cerrone-Anthony Pettis will make the claim, while Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez is also expected to join the UFC roster shortly.
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.