UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson doesn't really care take it to heart when people complain about his close decision victories over Frankie Edgar. Being a UFC competitor, "Smooth" understands he is going up against the best in the world each time he steps inside the Octagon.
On December 8, Henderson will seek a second successful title defense when he meets Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz.
Henderson was asked during a conference call on Tuesday if he feels any added pressure to try and finish Diaz in Seattle.
"I'm just trying to get the 'W,'" Henderson said. "However I can get it; if he slips on a banana peel, I'll take it. Close decision, I'll take that, too. Getting a 'W' in the UFC is not easy."
Henderson, a former WEC champion, won the belt earlier this year from Edgar and successfully went another 25 minutes with "The Answer" to defend it.
"You always fight to end fights, to be as decisive as possible," Henderson said. "Sometimes when fighting the best fighters on the planet, you can't finish (the fight)."
- Lavar Johnson: "I Don't Really Bark, I Just Bite"
- Dustin Poirier: Nothing's For Sure In MMA 'til The Cage Is Locked
- Dana White To UFC On Fox 5 Fighters: Please, Stay Healthy
- Nick Diaz, Not Johny Hendricks, Is GSP's No. 1 Contender, Says Trainer
- Che Mills-Matt Riddle On Deck For UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Anderson Silva At 170 Pounds? Coach Says It Would Be A "Crime"
- ONE FC And GLORY Strike Deal, Additional DREAM Championship Fight Mentioned
- Lorenz Larkin: Luke Rockhold Signed To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.