A catchweight contest between Ben Saunders and Brian Warren has been agreed to for Bellator 72, according to MMAjunkie.com. The card takes place July 20 from the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida.
Saunders (13-5-2) finished as a semifinalists in the recent Bellator season six tournament. That came on the heels of a runner-up performance the previous season. He is 4-2 in his Bellator career.
Warren (18-15-1) will be making his debut with Bellator. He has won seven of his last eight, including four via first round stoppage.
The contest will take place at 178 pounds, and likely be featured on the prelims or added to the main card. So far, the main card includes a tournament final at welterweight between Karl Amoussou and Bryan Baker, along with the semifinals in the light heavyweight tourney.
- Mike Brown Agrees To Bypass Retirement, Signs New Deal With UFC
- If Michael Bisping Wants It, Brian Stann Accepts
- Edson Barboza Advances, Needs Votes To Garner ESPY
- Tito Ortiz "Could Beat" Jon Jones In His Fighting Prime
- "Countdown To UFC 148" Takes In-Depth Look At Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Silva-Sonnen Could Become Biggest UFC Rivalry Ever, Says Dana White
- "Bellator: MMA Onslaught" Available For Download On Playstation, XBox
- Video: Chael Sonnen Watches His Fight With Anderson Silva At UFC 117
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.