Bjorn Rebney, the man in charge of Bellator Fighting Championships, has come to the defense of one of his own.
Over the weekend, Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren caused a little Twitter-discussion by saying the Cheick Kongo-Shawn Jordan match at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao was more boring than one of his own fights.
Well, Rebney decided to let Askren know that is not the case at all. Askren has fought for Bellator seven times since joining the promotion in 2010.
"Boring? You've fought 2:02.40 fight time in Bellator's cage. Complete domination for 1:56. I'm not bored by total domination," Rebney posted on Twitter.
Askren replied back with, "thanks, it is nice when your boss has your back." The former Olympian is a perfect 10-0 in his career, but has won six of those via decision.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.