Bellator has put together a Vote for the Fight campaign to determine the first match to be featured in 2013 when the promotion debuts on Spike TV. The four finalists - Paul Daley, Ben Saunders, Douglas Lima and Jon Koppenhaver - are entered in the welterweight tournament.
The campaign will be a web series that debuts Thursday on Spike.com. It will follow all four fighters, who are hoping to secure the season eight tournament title. The winner receives a title shot and $100,000.
Bellator will shift from MTV2 to Spike TV beginning in January. No official date has been announced for when the promotion will air live events, though Thursday is the rumored date.
Daley (30-12-2) is a veteran of the UFC and Strikeforce. He requested his release from Zuffa recently to fight more often. He is 1-0 since joining Bellator. Saunders (14-5-2) was a recent finalist during the season five tournament and made the season six semifinals.
Lima (22-5) recently improved to 4-1 with Bellator and is a former tournament champion. Koppenhaver, better known as "War Machine" was just released from prison. He is 12-4 in his MMA career.
- Jon Jones Still Looking Forward To Dan Henderson Encounter
- Michael Bisping "Frustrated" By Chael Sonnen's Constant Title Shots
- Eddie Alvarez Is Now A Free Agent
- Andrei Arlovski, Anthony Johnson Top WSOF 1 Payroll
- Second WSOF Card Set For January In Las Vegas
- WSOF 1 Results: Andrei Arlovski Destroys Devin Cole
- Chris Weidman Gathering Clothes, Supplies For Hurricane Sandy Victims
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.