As Bellator makes preparations to leave MTV2 in favor of Spike TV, the first show on the new network seems to have a location and date set. The New Jersey State Athletic Control Board announced that the company had reserved Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall for January 10.
"The January 10 has already been formally requested and officially reserved for Bellator in Atlantic City," said Nick Lembo of the NJSACB counsel to MMAjunkie.com.
That show is expected to be titled Bellator 85 and be the first one in a new timeslot. The new season is rumored to begin at 10 p.m. Eastern Time, so the show would lead into the conclusion TNA Wrestling.
Bellator officials have not commented. The company is currently in the midst of finishing their seventh season in time for the move to a station with a larger audience.
- Gray Maynard Headed For Surgery With Torn Ligaments
- Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager
- Mark Hominick Knows His Back Is Up Against A Wall At UFC 154
- The Ultimate Fighter Moving To Wednesday Nights In 2013
- Royce Gracie Makes Claims Against Shane Carwin Following Fight Withdrawl
- Shane Carwin Out With Knee Injury, UFC Seeking Opponent For Roy Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.