After a low point in terms of ratings, Bellator 84 rebounded with 191,000 viewers this past Friday night. The card featured the crowning of a new heavyweight champion, as Alexander Volkov defeated Richard Hale.
The numbers were confirmed with an industry source by MMAWeekly.com. The card did lose a planned co-main event between Marcin Held and Dave Jansen after the commission would not allow Held to compete inside the casino due to being just 20 years old.
Bellator 84 was the second-highest show for this past seventh season, bested only by Bellator 79 earlier this year. The season averaged 162,000 viewers for MTV2.
Bellator will begin in 2013 on Spike TV, shifting from Friday to Thursday evenings, as well.
- Patrick Cote Shifting To Welterweight, Hopes To Fight At UFC 158
- Medical Suspensions Given To Fighters From The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale
- Karlos Vemola Out, Derek Brunson In To Face Chris Leben At UFC 155
- Cody McKenzie Out Of UFC 155 Bout With Leonard Garcia
- Brian Stann's Hire Heroes USA Partners With WWE
- Ratings Report: TUF 16 Finale Draws 1.3 Million, UFC On FX 6 Falls Below Average
- Legacy FC 18 To Feature Pair Of Title Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.