Bellator 83 will go down as the second lowest rated show since the promotion and MTV2 signed a TV deal in the first half of 2011. The December 7 show drew 105,000 viewers, which just surpassed the shows worst rating of 103,000 viewers from Bellator 53.
The number drops the currents season's average rating to 159,000 viewers.
The main card saw bantamweight Anthony Leone (12-5) defeat Zach Makovsky (14-4) and Jessica Eye (9-1) went home with a first round submission over Zoila Gurgel (12-2).
The show's main event was cancelled last minute when Shahbulat Shamhalaev (11-1-1) became ill backstage. Bjorn Rebney appeared before the live crowd and said the featherweight tournament final between Shamhalaev and Rad Martinez (14-2) would be pushed to the next show. That was postponed again and is now set for some time in 2013.
Bellator 83 took place from Caesars in Atlantic City, NJ. After the upcoming Bellator 84 show, the promotion will return on January 17 on their new channel, Spike TV.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.