Andrey Koreshkov and Lyman Good both advanced to the finals of the Season 7 welterweight tournament with victories in their respective semifinal fights at Bellator 78. Both fighters secured a second round TKO win.
In non-tournament news, Daniel Straus took home a submission victory late in round one and Brian Rogers came away earning a unanimous decision.
The preliminary card witnessed champion Zoila Gurgel return after a 19 month hiatus where she found success in a non-title fight.
Main Card (MTV2)
Lyman Good def. Michail Tsarev via TKO in 3:54 of round two in the Season 7 welterweight semifinals
Andrey Koreshkov def. Marius Zaromskis via TKO in 2:14 of round one in the Season 7 welterweight semifinals
Daniel Straus def. Alvin Robinson via submission (rear naked choke) in 4:51 of round two
Brian Rogers def. Dominique Steele via unanimous decision
Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
Zoila Gurgel def. Casey Noland via unanimous decision in a non-title fight
Rob Hanna def. Rocky Edwards via split decision
Justin McNally def. David Blattman via submission (triangle choke) in 38 seconds of round one
Mikkel Parlo def. Jared Combs via TKO in 3:51 of round one
Billy Horne def. Trey Houston via submission (rear naked choke) in 3:30 of round one
Jason Butcher def. Shaun Asher via submission (guillotine choke) in 1:32 of round one
- Josh Koscheck Reports Possible Nick Diaz Fight
- Gilbert Melendez Could Go To UFC "Anytime" Says Cesar Gracie
- UFC On Fox 5 Loaded With 13 Bouts
- Change Made To UFC 154 Fight Card Lineup
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Promises Every Card Will Be Packed With Action
- Strikeforce’s Evangelista Santos Jumps Ship To Legacy FC
- Tim Gorman Goes From Bar Fighter To Championship Contender
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.