This past Friday night, despite seeing the main event cancelled a day before, Bellator 62 drew 175,000 viewers to MTV2. That number is a 61 percent increase over Bellator 61, which took place just a week prior.
MMAjunkie.com confirmed the numbers with industry sources on Tuesday. Bellator 61 generated 108,000 viewers, while Bellator 60 scored 169,000 earlier this year.
Bellator 62 featured the opening round in the lightweight tournament, including a stunning upset in the main event. Lloyd Woodard locked in a kimura on Patricky "Pitbull" Freire, advancing in the tourney field.
The original main event was suppose to feature Eric Prindle vs. Thiago Santos, but the fight was cancelled after Santos was unable to make the heavyweight limit. The bout was also the scheduled main event for Bellator 61 before being pushed back due to Prindle having flu-like symptoms.
- Cain Velasquez Talks Coming Back From Defeat
- Video: Hendricks And Schaub Tricked Into Ballet Lesson
- China Is Next Stop On UFC's International Tour
- Bellator Moving To Three-Hour Cards Starting In 2013
- Antonio Silva Says Alistair Overeem Joining Blackzilians Led To His Departure
- Jake Shields Headed To Middleweight Division For His Next Fight
- Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal Talks Following His Release From Strikeforce
- Benson Henderson Admits Frankie Edgar Deserves Rematch For UFC Lightweight Title
- Demetrious Johnson-Ian McCall Rematch Main Event For "UFC On FX 3"
- 'King Mo' Lawal Cut From Strikeforce By UFC President Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.