Fight fans and Bellator heavyweight champion Cole Konrad will all have to wait a little longer to find out the winner from Bellator's fifth season heavyweight tournament.
Finalists Eric Prindle (7-1, 1 NC) and Thiago Santos (10-1, 1 NC) were unable to complete their initial match, which took place at Bellator 59 last November, when Prindle took a kick to the groin and could not recover in time to compete.
The two were set to rematch in tomorrow night's Bellator 61 main event, but it was reported this morning by USAToday that Prindle had been suffering from flu-like symptoms all week and had been deemed unfit to compete by The Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestling Commission.
The bout has been pushed back to next week's Bellator 62 fight card, which will take place on Friday, March 23 from the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas.
The middleweight tournament bout between Maiquel Falcao and Norman Paraisy has been bumped up to the Bellator 61 main event. Bellator 61 will take place tomorrow night at the Horseshoe Riverdome in Bossier City, Louisiana.
- Cowboy Cerrone Planning To Stand Right In Front Of Jeremy Stephens
- Aldo On Edgar Staying At 155: "I'm Going To Have To Move To Lightweight"
- Anderson Silva Says Sonnen Possessed By Demon
- Thiago Silva: Brandon Vera Fought Like A Girl
- Jackson To Undergo Surgery, Rampage Vs. Shogun 2 Already Off
- Renan Barao Remains Patient In Quest To Claim UFC Bantamweight Title
- Rashad Evans Feels Like Camp Change Will Carry Him Past Jon Jones
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.