Bellator opened its sixth season this past weekend with Bellator 60, as Pat Curran claimed the 145 pound title from Joe Warren in the main event. Also, the featherweight tournament started with four matches.
The show, which was broadcast live on MTV2, drew 169,000 viewers according to information MMAjunkie.com obtained from Viacom/MTV2 officials. This is the last year Bellator will be shown on MTV2, as it moves to Spike TV next year.
Bellator 60 went head-to-head with The Ultimate Fighter: Live, which debuted on FX the same night and drew 1.3 million viewers. The number for Bellator's show was down from the average of season five (186,000).
- Georges St-Pierre Continues His "Road To Recovery" Series
- Miesha Tate Looking For Rematch With Ronda Rousey
- Video: Preview For Mark Hominick's Documentary "Fight Spirit Pride"
- Quick Shots: Bisping Note, George Lucas' Daughter Talks MMA Career, SFS This Fri., Loeffler
- Bellator Heavyweight Tournament Winner To Be Decided This Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.