Invicta FC has found a replacement for the injured Claudia Gadelha (9-0). Bec Hyatt (4-1) now steps in to challenge Carla Esparza (8-2) for the promotion's inaugural strawweight championship. Yesterday, it was reported that Gadelha suffered a broken nose and couldn't compete on Invicta FC's first show of the new calendar year.
Hyatt was supposed to meet Joanne Calderwood (4-0) on the same card, but has been replaced with Livia Von Plettenberg (1-0).
After Hyatt dropped her professional debut, she rebounded with four wins in 2012. Esparza is on a three fight win streak. The pair of wins this year came out of Invicta FC against Lynn Alvarez (5-3) and Sarah Schneider (6-6) by way of TKO.
Invicta FC 4 will be January 5 from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KA. The show streams live on PPV at InvictaFC.com for $7.95.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.