Chad Mendes, a one-time contender to the UFC featherweight title, will not be charged with battery. Mendes appeared in a California court on Monday where the charges were dropped, according to a report by MMAWeekly.com.
"I have said from the beginning that the outrageous allegations published by the media were either false or incredibly sensationalized," Mendes said. "Today's outcome proves it."
Mendes was charged with misdemeanor battery from an incident at a bar in Hanford, California earlier this year.
Now, the Team Alpha Male Fighter will look to continue his march to another shot at the UFC title when he takes on Hacran Dias this December at UFC On FX: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson in Australia.
- "Here Comes The Boom" Falls To Seventh Over Weekend
- TUF Fridays Bounces Back With 811,000 Viewers
- UFC 154 Fight Lineup Confirmed, Four Fights Each To FX, Facebook
- Chad Mendes Has Battery Charge Dropped
- Chris Beal's Secret To Success Is Always Being Ready To Fight
- Daniel Straus Says After Next Fight He Maintains No. 1 Contender Status
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.