Tom Watson is headed to the UFC, company officials announced on Thursday. Watson's BAMMA contract expired this past March, leaving him available to secure fighting services elsewhere.
Watson is the current BAMMA middleweight champion. "Kong" will make his debut inside the Octagon this September from Nottingham, England against Brad Tavares.
Watson has defeated the likes of Murilo "Ninja" Rua, Jack Marshman and John Maguire during his career. He sports an overall mark of 15-4 and trains with Greg Jackson in New Mexico for his camps.
- Patrick Cote Excited To Be Back Fighting For The UFC
- Video: Steven Seagal Calls Chael Sonnen's Actions "Embarassing To The Human Race"
- Being An Underdog Is What Cung Le Enjoys
- Forrest Griffin Has High Hopes For His MMA Future
- Retirement Is 100-Percent Official For Tito Ortiz
- Video: Second UFC 148 Press Conference To Feature Ortiz, Griffin, Cote, Le At 2 PM ET/Noon PT
- John Maguire Vs. John Hathaway Added To UFC: Nottingham
- UFC Signs BAMMA Champion Tom Watson, Set For Debut This September
- Junior Dos Santos Down For Facing Cain Velasquez In China
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.