Brazil's SporTV is reporting that verbal agreements are in place for a light heavyweight showdown between Rashad Evans and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira for the annual Super Bowl weekend card. Neither fighter has signed a contract yet, but sources indicate the bout is in the works.
Nogueira (20-5) recently offered to step in and face Forrest Griffin later this year, but that bout went to Phil Davis. Nogueira will have been on the sidelines for well over a year if he returns in February to face "Suga," as his last fight came in December vs. Tito Ortiz.
MMAFighting.com has confirmed that the Evans-Nogueira match is "under serious consideration" for February 2 in Las Vegas.
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.