Fabio Maldonado accepted a fight that many others turned down, agreeing to face Glover Teixeira Saturday night at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. While Maldonado was defeated - his third straight loss inside the Octagon - he will not be placed on the chopping block.
Maldonado withstood severe punishment from Teixeira, as his face was a bloody and bruised mess by the time the second round ended. The Octagon-side doctor stepped in and called the fight, as Maldonado protested the stoppage.
Teixeira landed 117 strikes to just 14 by Maldonado, but Maldonado did hurt Teixeira with a big hook early in the bout.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.