Antonio Silva's UFC debut did not go as he had planned, as "Big Foot" was taken down and bloodied by Cain Velasquez at UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir. The former Strikeforce heavyweight discussed the loss to Tatame recently.
"One of the main reasons I got defeated was that I couldn't see a thing," Silva said. "There was a lot of blood and my eyes were burning. I tried to defend myself and not get hit, shaking my head to see if I could get rid of that blood. There was no way around it. From that moment on my corner was my eyes."
The match was stopped after Velasquez landed several uncontested blows to Silva. While Silva did tell the doctor that he could see, he admitted he was lying, saying, "If I had said I couldn't see straight they would stop the contest and I didn't want that."
- Shane Carwin Eyeing Fall Return, Warns Potential Opponents
- Arianny Celeste Claims Self Defense In Domestic Violence Incident
- Jake Ellenberger Isn't Planning On Waiting Long For Title Shot
- Daniel Cormier's Hand Surgery Will Likely Keep Him Out Until Fall
- Video: Highlights From "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale" Open Workouts
- Antonio Silva Discusses His Recent Loss To Cain Velasquez
- Patrick Cote Replaces Rich Franklin In Fight Vs. Cung Le At "UFC 148"
- Roy “Big Country” Nelson Would Love To Welcome Brock Lesnar Back To UFC
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.