Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (34-4-1-1 NC) search to find the right way to train against Rashad Evans (17-2-1) has led the Brazilian to someone familiar with the former light heavyweight champion. Nogueira revealed that he wants Lyoto Machida (18-3) to be a part of the final stages of his training camp.
"I'm thinking of going to Los Angeles, train with Lyoto," said Nogueira to TATAME. "This is a guy who has fought with Rashad and did very well. He has a good game to make in a fight like this and help me in training."
When Evans and Machida met in 2009, Machida walked out as the new champion in less than two rounds. The fight also continued his undefeated streak to 15.
Nogueira plans to meet with Machida for the final 30 days of camp.
"We have a while yet, my plan is to go there in the last month before the fight to make the final adjustment," said Nogueira.
For Nogueira, it will be his first fight back in over a year. He snapped a two fight losing streak to win in December 2011 at UFC 140.
The fight between Nogueira and Evans has been linked for 2013. UFC 156, on February 2, has been a rumored show to host the card.
- Gray Maynard Headed For Surgery With Torn Ligaments
- Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager
- Mark Hominick Knows His Back Is Up Against A Wall At UFC 154
- The Ultimate Fighter Moving To Wednesday Nights In 2013
- Royce Gracie Makes Claims Against Shane Carwin Following Fight Withdrawl
- Shane Carwin Out With Knee Injury, UFC Seeking Opponent For Roy Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.