It appears that a Mauricio "Shogun" Rua-Lyoto Machida season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil will not happen in the near future after Machida earned a shot at the UFC light heavyweight title. However, there is another Brazilian 205-pounder that would take the spot: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
"I would love to, it'd be awesome," Nogueira said. "It would be very good to me and it would be a rematch of (a) 2005 fight, which is something people wanna see."
Rua earned the win in that meeting during the Pride Grand Prix tournament. "Big Nog" was a coach on TUF vs. Frank Mir.
- Nate Diaz Inks New Deal With UFC
- Roy Nelson Tweets "The Juice Is Good" In Regards To Using TRT
- Dana White Fine With TRT, As Long As It's Used Properly
- Video: Another Teaser For All-Access Ronda Rousey
- Seth Petruzelli To Compete At K-1 Rising
- Lightweights Bobby Green, Matt Ricehouse Placed On Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman
- Dan Henderson Thinks Lyoto Machida’s Style Contains A Flaw
- Henderson Feels Age Is Not A Factor In His Upcoming Fight Against Jones
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Willing To Coach TUF: Brazil Vs. Shogun Rua
- Frank Mir Gave No Second-Thought To Facing Daniel Cormier
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline