UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos has all the respect in the world for Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. However, that doesn't mean dos Santos will be after revenge on Frank Mir when he steps inside the Octagon at UFC 146.
Dos Santos-Mir is the main event for the May 26 card from Las Vegas. Mir earned his position in the division by submitting Nogueira last year, breaking his arm in the process.
"No, it doesn't affect me," said dos Santos, in a recent interview with Tatame.com. "What I think about is successfully defending my belt and remain as the heavyweight champion. To do that, I need to be calm, focused and follow the game plan."
Some have questioned dos Santos during recent press events and interviews, as he has been very out-spoken against Mir. Normally, "Cigano" is respectful of his opponent and doesn't say much besides the norm, so maybe there is something to the revenge-factor that JDS isn't letting on.
- Newly-Crowned Grand Prix Champ Daniel Cormier Believes He Broke His Hand Again
- Daniel Cormier Shows He Has Arrived, Dominates Josh Barnett In GP Finals
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Daniel Cormier Vs. Josh Barnett
- Gilbert Melendez Defends His Strikeforce Lightweight Title With Razor-Close Decision
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Gilbert Melendez Vs. Josh Thomson
- Jon Jones Posts On Twitter Following DUI Charge
- Rafael Cavalcante Says "I Want The Belt" After Submission Win Over Mike Kyle
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Rafael Cavalcante Vs. Mike Kyle
- Tyron Woodley, Nate Marquardt Discuss Upcoming Strikeforce Welterweight Title Bout
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Nah-Shon Burrell Vs. Chris Spang
- Video: Dana White Discusses Ross Pearson's Recent DUI Charge
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Gesias Cavalcante Vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Virgil Zwicker Vs. Carlos Inocente
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.