According to multiple Canadian sources, heavyweights Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cheick Kongo have signed to meet at UFC 149 on July 21. The card, which will be held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, recently lost main eventer Jose Aldo to UFC 147.
Nogueira (33-7-1) suffered a broken arm during his most recent loss, as Frank Mir locked in a kimura that "Big Nog" refused to tap to. He has won four of his seven UFC fights, including a victory over Brendan Schaub prior to the Mir defeat.
Kongo (17-7-2) was stopped by Mark Hunt earlier this year at UFC 144, suffering a TKO defeat. The defeat snapped a two-fight win streak for Kongo.
- Video: Alistair Overeem's NSAC Hearing
- Falcao-Spang Winner To Face Alexander Shlemenko For Vacant Title
- Vinny Magalhaes Blames Extended Absence On M-1 Global
- Video: Georges St-Pierre's And His Road Back To The Octagon
- Free From Bellator, Jay Hieron To Try Luck With Legacy FC
- Dana White Calls Overeem Liar, Says Future With UFC Uncertain
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighter Salaries
- Keith Kizer Says No Issues Will Come In Chael Sonnen Receiving His Fight License
- Only A Title Shot Would Get Chuck Liddell Out Of Retirement
- Chael Sonnen "Embarassed" For Anderson Silva
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.