Former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will return to action for the first time since 2011 when he takes on Dave Herman Saturday night in the co-main event of UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. After suffering a nasty arm injury in a loss to Frank Mir, Nogueira is anxious to step back inside the Octagon.
"I'm very happy to be back. My arm is healthy and I've rehabbed it so hard I think it is now stronger than my other arm," Nogueira said. "I had to work hard for so long to get my strength and power back, and I am so happy to be fighting in Rio."
Nogueira has only competed one other time in his native country of Brazil, delivering a stunning knockout of Brendan Schaub. "Minotauro" plans on using those deadly hands - or his equally strong submission skills - to finish Herman and delight the Brazilian faithful again.
"Dave Herman is a good wrestler, has great double-legs and is a big guy," Nogueira said. "He talks smack about (Brazilian jiu-jitsu) but he's not fought someone with submissions like me before. I will knock him out or submit him."
- Anderson Silva's "Focus" Is On GSP Super-Fight
- Jon Fitch Not Ready To Step To The Side In Welterweight Division
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Is "Useless," According To Dave Herman
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Confident He Will Finish Dave Herman At UFC 153
- Vinny Magalhaes: UFC Fighter And Master Prognosticator
- Anderson Silva Feeling Excited For UFC 153 Fight With Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.