Cheick Kongo seems perfectly fine with facing former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the near future. The two were slated to square off last month, but Nogueira was forced out due to complications from his broken arm.
Now, after Kongo mentioned wanting to battle "Big Nog" in Brazil in October, it appears that Nogueira is on board with that, as well. UFC 153 is set for Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on October 13.
"I would really like to fight him," said Nogueira, in a recent interview with Tatame. "I keep on waiting and I'll be really happy if (the UFC) do call me up."
UFC 153 is currently filled with several marquee fights, but there has been an online push via Twitter to get Nogueira on the card. UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo is scheduled to defend his belt against Erik Koch in the main event.
Nogueira believes he will be more than ready by the fall to return, adding, "I've been training on (a) regular basis. If I don't fight at UFC (153), I want it to be at the next possible date."
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline