A total of at least 479 pounds will collide as Cain Velasquez (10-1) and Junior dos Santos compete once more for the UFC heavyweight championship. Antonio "Minotauro" Nogueira (34-2-1-1 NC) has Santos retaining and by way of another stoppage.
"I never saw "Cigano" look so good, in such perfect shape," said Nogueira to Sherdog. "I saw his best sparring session, with five different fighters, and he had cardio for all five rounds. Velasquez is good, but I think by the third round "Cigano" finishes."
Santos looks to make his second title defense when he meets Velasquez in a rematch from their only encounter at UFC on FOX 1. They headline the UFC 155 PPV from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. Preliminary action starts today, December 29, at 6:35 p.m. ET and FightLine will have complete coverage.
Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum (16-5-1) are rumored to be coaching opposite the other for the second season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, with the two fighting in June.
- Video: Max Holloway's Blog For UFC 155, Day Two
- UFC 155 Weigh-In Results: Dos Santos, Velasquez Make It Official
- Anderson Silva Willing To Accept Bout With Michael Bisping, Close To Signing Extension
- Fabricio Werdum In Position To Secure UFC Title Shot With Win Over Minotauro Nogueira In 2013
- UFC 155 Predictions From FightLine.com Staff
- TUF: Mexico Next On The Agenda For UFC
- Mike Goldberg Off UFC 155, Replaced By Jon Anik
- Rose Namajunas Reflects On What Invicta FC Brings To MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.