Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (17-4) looks for a repeat performance when UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos (15-1) and Cain Velasquez (10-1) have their rematch. In their first encounter, Santos needed just over a minute to knockout Velasquez to win the title. Silva does feel that Velasquez will fare better than the first encounter at UFC on FOX 1.
"Velasquez will come closer," said Silva to TATAME. "Certainly, he would not want to swap standing because he was knocked out. He has felt the pressure of the hand in Cigano."
Silva is familiar with Velasquez, losing to him in his UFC debut. Velasquez took the fight to the ground early and cut Silva above the eye. Less than four minutes into the fight and the referee stopped it after Silva could not protect himself from the onslaught provided by Velasquez.
In preparation of the rematch, Silva and Santos have been training together to try and keep the fight standing.
"I've trained with Gypsy and know it is not easy to put him down," said Silva. "I see Gypsy getting a knockout."
If offered, Silva has said he will not fight fellow teammate Santos.
Santos vs. Velasquez will be the main event of UFC 155 on December 29. It will be the final UFC fight of the year.
- Jon Jones Planning To Silence Chael Sonnen Once And For All
- John Moraga-Chris Cariaso Added To UFC 155
- Sam Stout "Annoyed" With John Makdessi And His Remarks
- UFC Fighter Retires Fearing Brain Damage
- Brendan Schaub: My Back Is Against The Wall
- Shogun Rua Auctioning Off Fight Gloves For Charity
- Greg Jackson Never Watching GSP – Carlos Condit Fight
- Glory Looks To Expand, U.S. Debut Targeted
- Additional Fights Announced For Cage Warriors 51
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.