Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva proved he is a heavyweight contender after finishing Travis Browne in the first round of UFC on FX 5. "Bigfoot" earned the TKO with a big overhand right that caught an injured Browne before finishing up with punches on the ground.
The upset came after Browne hurt his leg defending a takedown early on. With limited mobility, "Hapa" did not stand a chance against the 265 lbs Silva who capitalized with a big shot against the cage.
Regardless of the circumstances, the win is massive for the Brazilian who bounces back from a defeat to Cain Velazquez at UFC 146. Browne was less fortunate and drops to 13-1-1 after suffering the first loss of his career.
- Anderson Silva's Career Goal: Undefeated UFC Mark
- Ex-WWE Star Dave Bautista Wins MMA Debut
- "Invicta FC 3" Results: Jessica Penne Becomes Atomweight Champion
- Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division
- Erick Silva Says Fighters Have To Be Unpredictable
- King Mo Has Bellator Ranked As One Of The Top MMA Companies
- Dana White Defends Paying Dennis Hallman
- "ONE FC 6: Rise Of Kings" Results: Aoki Scores Submission Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.