Anthony Pettis has been tabbed the next contender in the UFC's ultra-competitive lightweight division before. After winning the WEC title and moving to the promotion, Pettis was expected to receive a title shot.
Now, on the heels of facing new-rival Donald Cerrone, Pettis has once again been called the No. 1 contender - assuming he takes care of Cerrone.
Pettis (15-2) and Cerrone (19-4) are set for the main card in January at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson. The event takes place in Chicago from the United Center.
- Dustin Poirier Fueled By Loss, Looks To Bounce Back At TUF 16 Finale
- UFC Officially Announces March Return To Japan
- Video: Preview For "UFC 155: Dos Santos Vs. Velasquez II"
- Siyar Bahadurzada Calls Out Rory MacDonald
- Diego Sanchez Confirms Move Back To Lightweight, Says Next Fight To Be Announced Soon
- Roger Gracie Still In The Planning Stages Of Training
- Raphael Assuncao Fought Through Broken Arm At UFC On Fox 5
- Anderson Silva Requests 10-Fight UFC Contract
- Roy Nelson: Matt Mitrione Made Fight Personal By Requesting It
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.