The long-awaited lightweight collision between Donald Cerrone and former WEC champion Anthony Pettis may take place January 26. According to a report by MMAjunkie.com, the event would be UFC on Fox 6, and likely go down from Chicago.
Cerrone (19-4) and Pettis (15-2) were originally targeted for UFC 150, but "Showtime's" shoulder injury forced him to have surgery. Cerrone went on to defeat Melvin Guillard.
"Cowboy" has won six of his seven UFC bouts, with the lone loss coming to Nate Diaz. Pettis is 2-1 in his Octagon career, including a win over Joe Lauzon earlier this year.
- Anthony Johnson Vs. Andrei Arlovski? "Rumble" Is Down For It
- TUF 16 Ratings Climb Back Above One Million
- UFC Announces Partial 2013 Schedule, Four Fox Events
- Firas Zahabi-GSP's Legs Are "More Powerful Than Ever, It's Scary"
- Miesha Tate: Dana White's Changed Perspective Of WMMA Paves The Way For The Future
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.