"Yes," said White, following UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Saturday night. "We're going to make it up to Pettis."
Not wanting to remain on the sidelines, Pettis took a bout with Clay Guida and was defeated. He has since defeated Joe Lauzon and position himself near the top of the pecking order again.
Cerrone, meanwhile, defeated Melvin Guillard Saturday night and has been calling out Pettis (15-2) for the past few weeks. "Cowboy" improved to 19-4 with his knockout victory over Guillard.
Current UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson is headed for a match up with Nate Diaz for the belt. An exact date and location for either 155-pound fights is currently unknown.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.