Anthony Johnson's weight issues caused his release from the UFC. After signing with Titan Fighting Championship, Johnson still had trouble making the contracted weight.
Now, after deciding to compete in August at light heavyweight, "Rumble" is feeling better than ever. He recently told AXS TV's Inside MMA that the decision was the best one he has made.
"Now, I'm just like, 'I can't do that anymore.' I gotta do what I have to do, to make sure that I'm healthier, and that my body doesn't have to go through that stress anymore," Johnson said (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "I'm happy."
Johnson will fight on August 24 at Titan Fighting Championship 24. He carries an 11-4 record into the cage against an opponent yet to be announced.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now