Anthony Johnson earned his third consecutive victory since his release from the UFC, stopping Jake Rosholt in the main event of Xtreme Fight Night 9 Friday night. Johnson was cut from the UFC after a loss to Vitor Belfort and issues with his weight.
Johnson (13-4) finished the fight vs. Rosholt, also a former UFC competitor, with a head kick that floored Rosholt in the second round. "Rumble" turned Rosholt's face into a bloody mess with well-timed strikes.
After the problems making welterweight, Johnson decided to move up to the light heavyweight ranks for his last two bouts. He defeated Esteves Jones last month via TKO in the second round in his 205-pound debut.
- Chael Sonnen Says Jon Jones Is "Next"
- Dana White Calls Spike TV The Worst Channel
- Greg Jackson Was Concerned When Vitor Belfort Locked In The Armbar
- Vladimir Matyushenko Rips Matt Hamill - Roger Hollett Fight
- Cub Swanson Awaits José Aldo Rematch
- UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts
- Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Is The Top UFC PPV Attraction, Talks Silva Vs. GSP
- Brian Stann Surprised By Decision Loss To Michael Bisping
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline