Bjorn Rebney hopes to have Lyman Good (14-2) and Andrey Koreshkov (12-0) fight before the end of November. The two recently advanced to the finals of Bellator's Season 7 welterweight tournament.
November 30 is the date Rebney is looking to host the fight, meaning the tournament's conclusion would take place at Bellator 82. No venue for that date has been named.
"I just think stylistically these two guys come together beautifully," said Rebney to MMA Junkie. "You've got two guys who look to be at the end of their punches. They have amazing punching power. I think it's going to be in incredible fight, and they have amazing chins."
Good, is a former welterweight champion, who took home the semifinal victory with a TKO. Koreshkov secured a KO win in round one, extending his undefeated streak to 12.
The winner of the tournament will fight the welterweight champion. Ben Askren (10-0) and Karl Amoussou (16-4-2) are expected to compete in early 2013 over the championship. Askren defeated Good for the title in 2010.
- Ben Henderson Went To Veterans For Advice
- Cesar Gracie: Nate Diaz Vs. Gilbert Melendez Will Never Happen
- Georges St-Pierre Says Focus Should Be On Carlos Condit, Not Anderson Silva
- "UFC Unrestricted" To Offer In-Depth Look At UFC 148
- Junior Dos Santos Confident He Could KO Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Dana White Hosting Live Q&A On Tuesday Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.