Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski will be competing in Russia for the first time since 2000 when he takes on Mike Hayes in the main event of Fight Nights: Battle of Moscow 9. The card goes down December 16.
Arlovski (18-9-1) confirmed news of the fight via Twitter recently. "The Pitbull" will be making his third appearance inside the cage this year, as he topped Devin Cole this past November after fighting Tim Sylvia to a no-contest.
Hayes (18-5) had his seven-fight win streak snapped by D.J. Linderman this past June, falling via decision. He topped Neil Grove in Bellator last year during his win streak.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.