The anger and hatred UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva voiced for rival Chael Sonnen earlier this week was evident even if you couldn't understand anything Silva was saying. His long-time manager, Ed Soares, was taken off guard by the words spoken from "The Spider" just like everyone else.
"That was a surprise for me, I was not expecting that sort of attitude from Anderson," said Soares, in a recent interview with UOL Esporte. "Only Anderson can explain the reason to have spoken what he did. It was what was on his mind and he spoke his mind out, but only he and God know what occurred."
Silva went off on Sonnen, claiming he was going to make sure he couldn't walk out of the Octagon when the two meet on July 7 at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen 2. Sonnen, usually the brash and outspoken one, remained quiet for the most part during the media event.
- Video: Teaser For "UFC Primetime: Silva Vs. Sonnen"
- Angry Anderson Silva Surprised Even Long-Time Manager Ed Soares
- Roland Delorme Vs. Francisco Rivera Set For July's "UFC 149" Event
- Jamie Varner Steps Up, Signs On To Face Joe Lauzon At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Video: Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen "It's Personal"
- Video: Chael Sonnen Responds To Anderson Silva
- Anderson Silva, Jon Jones Nominated For ESPY "Fighter Of The Year"