"Anderson said he wants to take some time off until after the end of the this year," said UFC president Dana White during his post-press conference media scrum (thanks to MMAWeekly.com for transcribing). "We'll start talking to him."
White mentioned Chris Weidman as the likely choice for a meeting with Silva, but added, "He's going to have to wait or fight because Anderson's going to fight after the beginning of the year."
- Jon Fitch Says American Fighting Academy “Still Mending From Josh Koscheck Leaving"
- High-Level Manager Ed Soares Joins RFA MMA Promotion
- Pair Of Fights Official For UFC's Return To England
- Georges St-Pierre Thinks Chris Weidman Could Defeat Anderson Silva, Says He's 'At A Different Level"
- Nate Diaz Thought Frankie Edgar Won, But Favors Title Fight With Benson Henderson
- Benson Henderson Knows Nate Diaz’s Mind Psychology Can Affect Their Fight
- UFC Hoping To Host Superfight At Cowboys Stadium In Early 2013
- Shane Carwin Expects Roy Nelson To "Test My Nerves" On TUF
- Prelims For UFC 150 Fail To Reach One Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.