The upcoming main event between Anderson Silva and Stephan Bonnar will be contested over three rounds, according to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani. The bout will take place in October at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar.
Silva, the reigning UFC middleweight champion, will return to the 205-pound division to take on Bonnar, a former runner-up on The Ultimate Fighter. "The Spider" has earned light heavyweight wins over James Irvin and Forrest Griffin since claiming the middleweight title and defending it 10 times.
- Glover Teixeira Draws Fabio Maldonado For October Brazil Card
- Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar Light Heavyweight Affair New UFC 153 Main Event
- Chris Leben Returning To Octagon This December To Face Karlos Vemola
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Returning At UFC 153 To Face Dave Herman
- Vitor Belfort Calls Chael Sonnen A Twitter Clown
- Report: Bellator Heavyweight Champion Cole Konrad Retires
- Cyrille Diabaté Looks For The Decision, Not Knockout In Fight With Fábio Maldonado
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline