Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold recently made a successful title defense by besting Tim Kennedy at Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy. With UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva sitting comfortably atop the 185-pound rankings, Rockhold would like nothing more than his shot at "The Spider."
"I would take a pay cut (to fight Silva)," said Rockhold, during an interview with FightHub TV. "You only life once, (and) I live to fight the best. Anderson Silva is hands down the best in the world and to fight him in his prime would be a dream come true."
Rockhold won the Strikeforce title by topping Ronaldo Souza last year. He stopped Keith Jardine in his first defense before taking a decision from Kennedy. Silva, meanwhile, bested Chael Sonnen via second round TKO in his most recent Octagon appearance.
"I'm not scared of anybody," Rockhold said. "I want those fights."
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.