The talk of Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre continues to heat up, even though GSP is currently scheduled to face Carlos Condit at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. Now, Ed Soares, the manager for Silva, is making it known that he believes the super-fight should happen.
"I think it makes the most sense," said Soares, during an interview with MMAWeekly Radio. "First of all, Georges St-Pierre has to get through Carlos Condit, but if he gets through Carlos Condit - which is not going to be an easy task - that's a fight that makes sense for both guys."
Silva recently stated that he doesn't believe GSP needs to defeat Condit for the bout to happen. Of course, the hype surrounding such a fight would lose quite a bit of luster if St-Pierre lost.
"A super-fight like that I think is going to be the biggest fight. I think a lot of fans want to watch it and I think it will be a highlight for both of their careers," Soares continued. "I think that super-fight is definitely a big challenge, fighting someone like Georges St-Pierre."
- Lyoto Machida Open To Fighting Again Before Championship Shot
- Miguel Torres Opts For World Series Of Fighting Bout Instead Of Titan FC Show
- Greg Jackson Agreed It Was Time For Kyle Noke To Drop Weight Classes
- Alan Belcher On Injury Setbacks, Wants Chris Weidman Upon Return
- Jose Aldo "Very Happy" To Be Facing Frankie Edgar
- Paul Bradley And Charlie Brenneman Trade Jabs On Twitter
- Urijah Faber Hoping To Return Before 2012 Ends
- Special Offer For DirecTV Customers To Receive Next Six UFC PPVs
- Carlos Condit Embracing Role Of Super-Fight Spoiler
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.