All those fans who want to see UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre take on UFC middleweight champion are going to like hearing this bit of news. UFC president Dana White informed Dave and Mahoney during a recent radio appearance that he is all for the super-fight.
"I think if we do the fight with (Silva) and Georges St-Pierre, it would be a catch-weight; probably like 178 (pounds), something like that," White said (thanks to MMAWeekly.com for transcribing). "Georges St-Pierre says he does (want the fight). He wants to do it, yeah."
Currently, St-Pierre is set to face Carlos Condit in a unification bout for the UFC welterweight title. White added that GSP would have to get past Condit for any future talk of the Silva contest to gains team.
St-Pierre, who is returning from knee surgery, is set to face Condit in the main event of UFC 154 in November.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.