Ed Soares, the manager for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, was on Inside MMA recently and asked what is next for "The Spider." Soares didn't beat around the bush, saying he wants Georges St-Pierre at a catch-weight for Silva.
"People argue back and forth who the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in the world is," Soares said. "Some people say Anderson, some people say Georges St-Pierre. I think the way to settle it is to do a catch-weight at 177.5, right down the middle and see what happens."
Silva (33-4) has won all 16 of his UFC bouts, including a recent first round stoppage of Stephan Bonnar. St-Pierre (22-2) has a title fight with Carlos Condit set for next month at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit.
Check out the interview with Soares in the video below:
- "Here Comes The Boom" Falls To Seventh Over Weekend
- TUF Fridays Bounces Back With 811,000 Viewers
- UFC 154 Fight Lineup Confirmed, Four Fights Each To FX, Facebook
- Chad Mendes Has Battery Charge Dropped
- Chris Beal's Secret To Success Is Always Being Ready To Fight
- Daniel Straus Says After Next Fight He Maintains No. 1 Contender Status
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.