Many thought the knee delivered to Chael Sonnen by Anderson Silva at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II was illegal. Sonnen informed UFC Tonight during a recent interview that he felt like the knee did strike him in the face, despite numerous replays showing what looked to be a knee to the chest.
"The knee hit me in the face, and yes you can't hit the knee to the face, but it is the referee's call and there is no replay," Sonnen said. "I don't want that to change. I have done things in the Octagon at the spur of the moment also. The referee didn't say anything, so it's fair game. The knee landed where the knee landed, the result is the same and I don't dispute the results."
Sonnen was believed to be thinking about appealing the loss, but he has cleared up that he won't, saying, "I would never appeal a loss. The referee's decision is final."
Silva finished off Sonnen with several punches, earning his second career victory over Sonnen.
- Return To Japan In Early 2013 For The UFC, According To Report
- Middleweight Move Remains On Mind Of Rashad Evans
- Shane Carwin Focusing On TUF, Warns Roy Nelson "This Is Not A Joke"
- Strikeforce/Showtime Have Deals With Fighters Such As Rousey, Melendez, Rockhold
- Video: Highlights From Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Improve After Fending Off Tim Kennedy
- Tyron Woodley Feels Like He'll Grow From Loss To Nate Marquardt
- Scott Coker Says No Melendez-Thomson IV In The Works
- Luke Rockhold Withstands Tim Kennedy, Defends Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.