Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (32-4) was a little too late as he offered to fight a light heavyweight fighter on the now cancelled UFC 151 card, in an attempt to save the show. Dana White said he received the call from Silva moments after he concluded yesterday's special media conference call.
Since Jon Jones (16-1) would not fight on eight days notice, Silva said he would take on another light heavyweight. He also admitted that he wasn't in the best shape at the moment.
White said that he never thought Silva would be willing to fight on the card, but was thankful for the offer. Silva stated earlier this year that he didn't plan to return to the Octagon until early 2013.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.