UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is interested in fighting UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. We've all heard this talk before, but it appears that "The Spider" has GSP as the lone remaining opponent on his mind.
Currently, St-Pierre is set to face Carlos Condit at UFC 154 to unify the welterweight titles. GSP recently confirmed that he has been medically cleared to resume MMA training.
"Regardless of who wins, even if St-Pierre loses, a fight with me can happen," said Silva, during a recent interview with SporTV. "A fight like this is above anything else. St-Pierre is one of the greatest of the UFC. Right now, a fight with Condit is meaningless."
While Silva doesn't seem to have much interest in the GSP-Condit bout, it is likely the only thing on St-Pierre's mind right now. Should he defeat Condit, you can expect the talk of GSP-Silva to kick into overdrive as we enter the new year.
- Stephen Thompson-Besam Yousef Added To UFC 154
- Change Of Camp Has Vitor Belfort Feeling "Young" Again
- Brendan Schaub Wants To Test His Chin Vs. Lavar Johnson
- Chris Weidman More Interested In Michael Bisping-Brian Stann Winner Than Alan Belcher
- Michael Bisping Looking At Brian Stann's One Punch Knockout
- Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Leaves Strikeforce, Set To Fight In Canada
- Regardless Of Decision Vs. Carlos Condit, Anderson Silva Wants To Fight GSP
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.