Silva, who will face Chael Sonnen at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II on July 7 for his UFC title, told Tatame in a recent interview that any challenge to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will not come from him.
"I'm gonna leave it to (Fabio) Maldonado, (Rafael) Feijao or even (Antonio) Rogerio (Nogueira, too," said Silva. "They are on his weight division, so they'll deal with him."
Silva and Jones have struck up a quick friendship, but many have marked the fight down as one that could generate some big-time pay-per-view numbers and ratings. "The Spider," though, seems content with reigning supreme in the middleweight division.
"Our team focus on each of us and try to let us take our chances and take advantage of them," Silva said, "so we don't have this ambition of me going to the light heavyweight division and fight each other."
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
- Cesar Gracie Speaks Out On NSAC's Suspension Of Nick Diaz
- Welterweight Hendricks “Would Love To Wait” For GSP
- Carwin "Positive" He Will Be Medically Cleared To Fight
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Paul Taylor Out, Rafael Dos Anjos In To Face Anthony Njokuani At "UFC On FUEL 4"
- Anderson Silva Plans To Remain At Middleweight, Leave 205 To Training Partners
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.