Stephan Bonnar is currently remembered for his epic battle with Forrest Griffin in the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. However, Bonnar has a chance to change his history when he meets Anderson Silva.
"The American Psycho" will meet "The Spider" in the main event of UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. The UFC put the bout together after an injury knocked UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo from a planned meeting with Frankie Edgar.
"What!! I'm only a 13 to 1 underdog vs. Anderson?" Bonnar posted. "I must be better than I thought."
Bonnar (14-7) has won three straight, but Silva will be a tremendous jump in competition. Bonnar has faced the likes of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and former champs Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida, along with a second encounter with Griffin. He is winless in those matches.
- Dana White "The #1 Contender Right Now Is Weidman"
- Dana White Hopes Jose Aldo Vs Frankie Edgar Can Still Happen This Year
- Stephan Bonnar Makes Light Of His Underdog Status
- Consistent Way Of Life Reason For Cole Konrad's MMA Retirement
- Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami Targeted For UFC 155
- Scott Coker Explains Larkin's Title Shot And Talks Last Heavyweight Fight
- Scott Coker Weighs In On Melendez-Thomson 4, Wants Rousey-Cyborg To Happen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline