Anderson Silva's manager, Jorge Guimaraes informed UFC Tonight on Tuesday that the UFC middleweight champion will likely be back inside the Octagon this coming summer. Silva is planning to take some time off after a pair of wins over Chael Sonnen and Stephan Bonnar.
While many want Silva to face Georges St-Pierre in a super-fight years in the making, Guimaraes believes that fight will not come to fruition. So, who could "The Spider" be matched up with at 185 pounds?
Ariel Helwani, who talked to Guimaraes, said "he didn't think (Michael) Bisping) has a good shot against Vitor Belfort." Those two square off in Brazil this coming January at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping.
Having defeated Belfort, that would leave another contender needing to step forward to secure a title shot. Luke Rockhold, the current Strikeforce middleweight champion, is expected to sign with the promotion early in the new year and could make a push for a championship contest.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.