"Probably not, because I don't know how many times Anderson would actually defend it," said White, when asked if St-Pierre's title would be on the line.
St-Pierre made a successful return at UFC 154 in his home country to become the undisputed welterweight champion. It was his seventh title defense. Silva fought last month in a non-title fight, defeating Stephan Bonnar in the first round. He is undefeated in the UFC with 16 wins, ten of which were with his middleweight title at stake.
"It's more of a pound-for-pound, legacy-type fight," said White.
Silva has expressed interest in the fight, while St-Pierre is still pondering it. White hopes to have the fight in May 2013 at Cowboys Stadium or a soccer arena in Brazil.
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
- Alessio Sakara's Quest For Appeal Denied
- Jon Jones Was Kept Off TUF Due To His Age
- Chael Sonnen Turned Down Spot On TUF 1
- Rich Clementi: I’m From A Different Fight Generation
- Tyrone Spong’s Return To Kickboxing Delayed
- Urijah Faber-Vaughan Lee In Works For UFC 156
- Scott Coker On Exposing Female MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.